Thursday, August 29, 2013

SETTLED PERFECTLY

This blog could lead you to think like usual thought of one who gets into new job or new company, however really not if you experienced what I was earlier and somehow still. I thought of writing this on very first day of my induction that was February 1st 2013. Due to some reasons I’m making it today.

At my first day of induction in there was a session by the director of that whole tower. I always see every induction as bullshit, because usually they all say about their hard works and achievements and what they’re expecting from new joiners. Here in that 45 minutes that man told or correctly highlighted this,

“If I ask what makes you to think about Shell then most of them would answer like pay. You know what comparatively here pay is lesser than my previous employers. But I’m here for around fifteen years. The reason behind is...

Okay... mmmm... I’ve two daughters. Earlier when anyone asks me how big is your daughter? I show like this (he stretched his hand horizontally). After joining Shell when anyone asks me the same question my answer is like? (He stretched his hand vertically). Yes that’s what happened in my pervious organization. In a thought of learning, getting promotion and things I work till late night so I just see my daughter while she was sleeping. When she woke up I’d be sleeping. But here, Shell taught me work like balance. Now I’m growing with my daughters, along with them. So if I see anyone working after working hours I’ll ask what really makes them to sit? Alright at some point everyone need to stretch, even I sit for 12 to 13 hours. But not often, then on very next day I work for only 5 or 6 hours. I’ll take some breaks to balance it.”

All I remember is that was November 30th. Instead of four day close we are instructed to finish it all in a single day. We tried hard and we’re almost done. We were in office by 6am and the time was 12.30am that mean midnight, exactly next day. Where we see no exchange rates were updated on system so I told let we all leave and tomorrow is being weekend we can finish it all by then. But they made us to wait till 1.30am then we finished everything and left by 6.30am (That is December 1st). Without even any questions they want all of us to come back by that noon to review our own work. We all came there and reviewed.

Then on that week I let the team to take some more breaks than usual. What else then they called our whole team and started teaching how to manage break timings. This is not just a one day story happened there every month we have to stay there for at least 16 to 17 hours during month close and at least two to three days every week. If anyone leaves on time, I mean on time, after 8 hours they will hear ‘hey, how is that you’re leaving early?’

Here now, when I stretch my senior is asking is that you’re overloaded if so report that too team manager immediately else your team manager would be in a trouble.  I could see lot of differences between these two organizations.

Once one of Assistant Manager took a girl mobile and asked her to unlock it and he commented dressings of that girl’s friend to her. I asked that girl to take that to HR department and at last the story ended like I created that story to impress that girl. I wonder how is that she‘ll impressed on me by making some manager a slut. If I really want to impress I’d have impressed her parents or her friends at least, that story really make no sense to me. Further to this that fellow broke into my office laptop and stole my personal data and shared with his team fellows who raised complaints against him. Just by thinking like I asked them to do. What really makes wonder is even we proved everything management took no action against him. But they told they had taken action but even now I could see someone is logging into my personal email ID with my old laptop. That’s sounds really great.

Here now, while writing some induction test I crossed this question,
What you’ll do if you’re seeing that something is not in order?
Options were A. I forget what I saw B. I contact conflict of interest team immediately C. I try to understand it better before I complaint D. If it’s nothing to with my work I forget.

I thought the apt answer would be C. But its B they say.

Actually option B was I did, without even asking or investigating I just shown a way to that girl to complaint. But in return action was taken against me and on that girl. Victims and evidence were brutally punished and the real accused fellow is guarded well there.


Finally here we celebrate family day yearly once, there we had one day to talk about values that too with drinks. I never say no one should ever booze if you want to booze, go ahead but my concern is about the freshers and mostly towards those who are staying away from their family. Are they intend to teach them how to booze. GM or Director of that corporate may be a role model of any fresher there. When they drunk and dance that moment will obviously pull those people to drink. It may be the freshers ignorance we say. What if your dad drink and smoke in front of their own children. Managers are in the position of their parents thought their role is to get the work done still they are. Matter of fact this habit may suitable for the western countries as per their weather conditions. What is the purpose of those alcoholic drinks here in 88°F.

What else to say more about... Below picture is a screenshot of an email I received officially from my current organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment